Outrageously Late Vacation Pics! - Photo Shoot

 


Hey.... Heeeeeyyyyyy y'all. I'm still alive (not that you'd be able to tell from my non-existent posting schedule over here 'XD), and I bring you pics from vacation.... from almost exactly one year ago. whoopsies XD I'm so sorry about that, guys! I always take pictures for you all when I travel and am always dreaming up posts, but sometimes life just gets in the way. But I really wanted to share these pics even after all this time, especially since they introduce a doll that's very special to me! So without further ado, back in time to last vacation!!  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------



*yawns*


"why hello! I didn't see you there!" 


"Really? Because they've been there for like an hour, it was kinda creepy."


"Welcome to our favorite vacation spot!"


"We're so hyped that you made it! You're a bit late, but I'll let it slide. After all, Into the Spider-Verse said time is relative, and who are we to argue with that movie?" 


"It's been such a cool beans trip, let me tell you! And there's so much we still want to do and show you!"


"Yes definitely! We thought we'd give you a full tour of this super cool house and let you join us in the adventures along the way."


"Also, this is my first time on here! So you don't know me, but I'm so excited to meet you al-"


"HOLD THE WAFFLE IRON!!!"


"They haven't met you, yet!!"


"Yup, that's literally what I just said..."


"I just got here a few months ago."


"Never before have they seen this face!! A complete stranger!!"


"This is disgraceful! Our lovely friends haven't even met Peepachu yet!"



"Peepachu! Goodness, for one made of such sweetness, you've got such salty words!"


"This simply cannot go on any longer!"


"We have to fix this right now!"


"Whoa wait, how'd we end up in these clothes? Outside? posing?"


"Shhhh, hold still, spontaneous photo shoots are just part of that doll blog life, you'll get used to it" 


"But that doesn't explain-"
"There we go! Time to introduce yourself!"


"Everyone, meet one of our newest dollie members!"
"Oh! Yes, hi everyone!"


"My name is Melody Ellison! I'm 13 years old and as I said before, this is my first appearance on this blog, lol!"


"I love music of every kind, making it and listening to it. Motown being my fav because duh, Motown."


"Oh! And I'm a huge fan of Disney!"


"Like, HUGE!"


"I hope to someday work at Disney as an animator!"


"Or, a music producer..."


"Who knows! Maybe I'll be the first to do both!"


"And this is is my sweet boy, Bennett!"


"Y'all have met Bennett once before, when he went on a trip with me and Elizabeth!"


"He's a Jack Russell Terrier and he's literally the cutest! LOOK AT THAT SWEET PUPPY FACE!!!"


"Fun fact about Bennett, he actually has a twin! His name is Yank and he's Emily's dog!"


"It's super funny how people will say a pet is a reflection of their owner, and I didn't really believe it until I met Yank and Bennett. Yank is so reserved and quiet, just like Emily, while Bennett-"


"Is a calm and collected total boss, like me!"


"He barked at a table leg for an hour this morning but sure, we can go with that..."


"*In doggie language* Mother, it would bring me great pleasure if you brought me the delicacy of flour and artificial flavoring baked and compressed into a hard snack in the shape of a bone to quench my tummy that rumbles."


"What? We're back here again?"


"How does that keep happening?"


"What do you mean? We just walked back in from outside."
"But we didn't! And our clothes changed again too!"


"Silly Melody, you're talking crazy!"


"See? We're just back in the loft! There's nothing strange about that!"


"I mean it's not like we're being moved around and changed by anyone, only remembering life as the camera comes on!"


"That would be nonsense! To think we live purely in light of a camera and the subconscious imagination of others. Impossible, right?" 


"Right? We are real.... aren't we?"


"What am I talking about? Of course we're real! Now you've got me talking nonsense, just ignore that last bit."


"Kinda hard to, you were talking more nonsense than I was, it was actually kinda scary-"


"What a down right dandy Mandy time to show off the loft!"


"This is where we stay every time we come to this Airbnb, and it's honestly pretty rad!"


"We sleep on this side of the room, with all our stuff set up here while Katie has a mattress on the other side of the loft. The room is the perfect size for us, but the ceiling is a tad low for Katie, she has to crawl around when up here unfortunately." 


"If you come over here you can see where we look down at the second story, where I stalk everyone with my perfect 20/20 vision!"


"But... you wear glasses?"


"What about it?"
"...."


"This here is the very scary ladder that Katie's almost fallen down multiple times!" 


"I let Melody go down first, as the courteous and polite person I always am."


"Before we left you closed a door in Carter's face, that doesn't seem very courteous and polite to me..."


"That's different, Carter is annoying. I actually like you."


"I... don't know whether to be grateful I've somehow earned your favor or fear getting hit with doors should I ever fall out of your favor..."


"Ah don't worry about it!"


"Now let's head down stairs to the-"


"You..."


"I remember you..."


"You may have thought I'd forgotten."


"But I didn't forget."


"I will never forget..."


"So this is the second floor here, and there's a sliding glass door that goes to a landing that leads to stairs that descend into the depths of the first floor."


"The door is a bit heavy, but though I lack the thing we call height, I do not lack strength. So eat your heart out, body builders!"


"Next up is two sets of stairs, which are a bit tricky to maneuver when you're 18" tall, but we manage."


"There actually is another way to get down here from outside as well, but that is a REALLY long walk for such little ladies as ourselves. So to avoid the extremely strenuous walk, we just help each other down the stairs." 


"Speak for yourself! Not only am I ultra super strong, but I also got stamina for days! I could never enter a track meet, because it would be incredibly unfair to all the other athletes who'd choke on my dust."


"Huh... well, eat your hearts out to the track stars too, I guess."


"Annnnnnnd here's the game room!!"


"This is our favorite place to hang out by far! And I'm sure you can tell why!"


"There are so many cool things to do! Here's an old arcade machine called, 'Meteor'!"


"It's pretty old and can be a bit glitchy, but it's still so awesome!!"


"We even got a high score through our combined effort!"


"Plus! If you push one of the buttons enough times you can get it to work for free!!"


"Which I don't let us do because that's not cool and is basically stealing money from the homeowners."


"Why do you gotta be such a good and honest person? Out here making me feel bad."


"On another note, look at poor Bennett."


"He looks so sad and confused down there by himself."


"Next up we have the Pac-Man Arcade machine!!"


"It's got SO much more than Pac-Man though!! There are so many games, Katie's favorite is Centipede, but I like classic Pac-Man myself." 


"This one we can play on our own, but we do need to climb on one another to get up here without Katie."


"I got kicked in the face last time I helped Melody up! But that's okay, I decimated her in pool after so it evens out."


"Sweet and sour chicken! I almost forgot about our pool game!!"


"So this is the pool table, and this is where we relentlessly train to defeat our greatest foe!"


"Baby Yoda may have foiled us in the past,"


"but this year we will be victorious!"


"I wasn't here last time when Baby Yoda apparently wiped the floor with Molly and Charlsea, so it's more about fun than revenge for me." 


"There are no funsies in pool, Melody..."


"Oh my goodness I almost forgot!"


"Allow me to introduce you all to Peepachu! Who, being the stand up guy he is, volunteered to help us practice!"



"Yo you want to say that to my face?!"


"Whoa calm down, Molly, he's just trying to get in your head, he didn't mean it."


"You can't let him throw your game."


"JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE A MARSHMALLOW DOESN'T MEAN I WON'T PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE, YOU CANDIED HARE!!"


"Molly..."


"No I'm okay, it's okay... let's just finish the game."


"I forgive you, and I hope you can forgive me too, my friend! I hope we can move forward as the respectful, mature people I know we can be! Okay, my Easter bud?"



"OKAY THAT'S IT, YOU GELATINOUS BLOB OF SUGAR AND ARTIFICIAL COLORS YOU'RE GONNA CATCH THESE HANDS!!!"


"NO MOLLY STOP!! It's not worth it! Think about the viewers!!"


"Yes... Yes you're right, Melody. I can't let him get the better of me, he's just jealous that Reese's Eggs are definitely the superior Easter candy..."


"I think it would be best if we left the candy disgrace for now and part ways until he brings a better attitude to the pool table..."


"Wait! It happened again!"


"See?! It happened again! We're outside in Disney clothes now! See, Molly?!"


".... don't point it out."


"Our reality is too fragile to handle it..."


"Ummm... okay?"


"Check this AWESOME backyard, everyone!!"


"We've hung out back here a lot during our time at this house, it's SO beautiful!! And look at all the fun stuff!!"


"There's a place to throw the horse's shoes (deepest apologies, horse)," 


"A She Shed for the She-Shes, but not the Hee-Hees... Sorry, Michael Jackson."


"This weird Tin Man thing hanging from a tree. Kinda odd but that's okay, we love you anyway, Mr. Weird Tin Man hanging from the tree!"


"And! There's a pool!!!"
"We can't go in the pool."


"DANG IT!!!"


"Curse our little bodies that can't handle chlorine," 


"Made from the highest quality vinyl,"


"And plush huggable bodies made of 100% cotton. Dolls perfect for play and sure to be an heirloom for many generations to come." 


"Dang, is that really how Mattel tries to sell us?"


"Yeah, pretty much."


"Huh.... weird."


"Annnnnd we're back in these clothes again."


"What's happening now?"


"Well, you see this skateboard I got here? I'm gonna ride it like I stole it." 


"Wait what? Did you take that from Gemini? Also, I didn't know you even knew how to skateboard."


"Well one, I do. I've played Skate 3 like twice."


"And two, they don't know Gemini yet, so it practically belongs to me in the eyes of the viewers!"
"That is not how that-"


"You see that over there? That's what we pro skateboarders call..."


"Poorly done sidewalk."


"I'm gonna Oliver off of it."


"What?! What does that even mean?!"


"Molly, I'm really not convinced you know what you're doing..."


"Nah don't worry about it, it's gonna be great!"


"Molly, this is a bad idea!"


"No, this is the best idea!"


"No please stop!"


"Molly stop please!!"


"They see me rolling..."


"No Molly wait!!"


"Surf's up!"


"MOLLY NO!!!"


*CRASH*


"Oh Molly..."


"Molly! Melody! Time to take pictures before we head out!!"


"Coming, Katie!"













"Well, I'd say that was a pretty good first Vacation."


"Heck yeah it was!"


"Aren't you... gonna bring up the outfit swaps again?"


"Nah, our reality is too fragile to handle it."


*Sniffles* "I've never been more proud!"


"I'm glad we got to go on vacation together, Melody. You're really fun!"


"Yeah! You weird me out a bit, but you're pretty fun too."


"I'll take it!"

------------------------------------------------------------------

That was so many more pictures than I remembered, LOL!! XD These were so fun to take though! I was so excited to bring Peepachu into the mix and also give y'all a chance to meet Melody! Melody was a very special gift from an amazing group of friends who've helped me and stuck with me through a lot of rough stuff over the last few years. Last year they threw me a surprise birthday party, which completely caught me off guard and I literally cried a good chunk of the way home. And when I say I was caught off guard btw, I mean I was not expecting or processing it in the moment at all LOL!! We were planning to eat pizza that day for lunch and my friends had booked and decorated a room in the pizza place, I walked in and saw all the decorations and was like "Oh! Someone's going to be having a birthday party! How cool!" then my friends and their families were all in the room shouting "SURPRISE!!" and I was like "What? What do you mean I knew y'all were eating lunch with us we planned to eat together?" XD When it finally clicked I was so taken back. My birthday has come to be an awkward subject for me over the last few years, and most the friends I've had over the years never really put effort into even wishing me a happy birthday. So for these people to go out of their way to decorate and plan and just that they cared, means the absolute world to me. They ordered a cake with my favorite meme on it, got my favorite flavor of custard, and overall made the day so special. They all pitched in to buy me Melody, and the last outfit Melody is wearing in this post was actually a birthday gift from a friend who lives on the other side of the country. The fact that they got me Melody touches my heart in ways I can't even describe, not simply because AG is crazy expensive and I'm still shook that they did that LOL! But because they saw something that I loved, and instead of trying to push me into changing because it's weird and I'm too old for "such nonsense" or ignoring it as a "well, she's cool otherwise so we'll just ignore that and try not to encourage it.", they accepted me for who I am, and they make me feel like it's okay to just be me. I'm a weird person, I've always known that. I refuse to live by way of the world because the things this world tries to push on everyone doesn't make me happy. Wearing makeup doesn't make me happy or feel as pretty as when I just go out into the world the way God made me, dressing in crop tops and skirts doesn't make me happy while wearing leggings and T-shirts so I can dance at any moment does. I do this blog and still have all my dolls because it still makes me happy, it still makes me smile just like the first post did 6 years ago. I love the creativity, I love the storytelling behind it all, and I love all of you. I love taking my dolls who made my childhood so special, and using them to hopefully make your day a little more special as well, paying it forward in a way I guess. I think it was the most special, accepted, and understood I've ever felt. Everything they did for me that day was so sweet and the whole day was perfect. I'm so beyond blessed to have such a special group of friends in my life who genuinely love and care about me and encourage me in my life and in my journey with Christ. If you guys see this post, thank you for everything, and thank you for being my friends. I love you <3

I really hope you guys enjoyed this post and all the *cough*year late*cough* photos!! I'm going to try to get posts going again but things are about to get WILD here lol!! I'll let y'all know more about that in a future post, but for now I'll just leave you with this, and the knowledge that cool things are on the way! :) Also, so sorry about the comments I didn't reply to over the last few posts, I'm going to be completely honest I was so overwhelmed by everything going on during that time that I approved them and planned to answer them later that day then forgot 'XD I'll get to replying to those ASAP though!! I love you all so much! I hope you're all doing well and that you have the best day ever!!

-Katie :)


Comments

  1. This post was everything!
    Congrats on getting Melody! She seems really cool, and that's a super special story of how you got her.
    Molly was so funny in this post...I love the existential crisis of the dolls, lol. The outfits were all really cute and the photos were amazing! I hope that you had a blast on your vacation!

    ~Diamond/Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness thank you so SO much, Beth!! It really means a lot! <3
      Thank you! I absolutely adore her, she is just such a pretty doll and I believe she's the only one I have with this face mold as well which is kinda cool :) And yeah, I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful group of friends, especially after so many years of IRL friendships that were very painful.
      LOL!! Molly will forever be my favorite character to write XD And that actually came about after I accidentally shot the outdoor photos with Melody introducing herself first instead of having the introduction happen in the beginning up in the loft like I planned lol! I didn't want to waste the photos and this is what made most sense to me to explain the location changes for some reason lol! I almost took it out because I was worried it was too weird/slightly unnerving so I'm really glad you enjoyed it! XD Thank you so much again, Beth!! Vacation was definitely a blast! :D
      -Katie :)

      Delete
  2. To see the notifiaction in my inbox when I got home from camp gave me the biggest rush!
    This is such a fun way to do vacation photos! I really love all the buddy pics and their outfits are SO STINKING CUTE! Also, the bit at the end made me smile so hard! I'm so glad you have people in your life who make you smile! :D
    ~ Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Megan you have no idea how much that means to me!! Whenever I come back after a long time I can't help but wonder if this is going to be the time people don't come back to see my posts and have lost interest in my blog, so that seriously means the world thank you!! <3
      Thank you!! We stayed at this particular vacation house the year prior and I did pictures for that time as well, so I was really trying to make this one fun and different even though it was the same location :) Thank you so much!! I usually try to make outfits for the trips, but I only had time to make one for each last year, so I made the Disney ones in honor of Melody's Disney obsession lol XD Awww thank you so much!! It's been a rough road IRL friends wise, so I'm really grateful I have some now that make me feel safe to just be myself around :)
      -Katie :)

      Delete
  3. Katie!! You're back! As always, this was a super funny post and I love the outfits! Reality is a little funky in doll world, isn't it? (Actually, I call it Doll Wood, my dolls live specifically in East Doll Wood, because wood is pretty close to world, right? Anyway . . . ) Molly is still a firm favourite - c'mon, she could make anyone laugh - but Melody is super cute and it's so awesome that you have friends who did that for you! Melody's dress in the final pictures is also adorable!
    Every time you post, my day is indeed more special and definitely more funny! Keep being weird! I'll still be here whenever you next post.
    -ForestPoodle88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, ForestPoodle!! Glad to be back! :D Thank you so very much!! Unfortunately I didn't have time to make as many outfits as I would have liked for this particular trip, but I feel like they still fit the personalities pretty well (Which can be tricky when it comes to new dolls for me), so I'm pretty happy about that lol XD Right? It must be very odd for the dolls (And oh my goodness I love that! Doll Wood is such a cute name, it reminds me a bit of Dollywood as well which I think is super cool! :D)... LOL Thank you so much!! Molly will always hold a special place in my heart and I'm pretty sure will always be my favorite doll to write! Thank you!! I'm really grateful for her and all my friends have done for me in the time I've known them :) Isn't it beautiful? I was so excited when I opened it and I honestly love the purple on Melody so much! :D
      That seriously means so much to me, thank you!! Thanks for sticking around and for being awesome even when my posting schedule is a mess, lol!! It really means a lot and I'm really grateful to have you here on this dollie journey :)
      -Katie :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Connection (Reprise) - Lyric Photo Shoot

Update and Reveal, Review, and Comparison of My New Doll!

Hotel Q&A Featuring Molly and Gemini!! *CLOSED*